Insolvency & Restructuring Solicitor Newcastle
Aman Sehgal is an insolvency and restructuring solicitor based in Newcastle upon Tyne. With over ten years’ experience working on both corporate and personal insolvency cases and a wealth of experience advising directors, banks, insolvency practitioners, distressed businesses and everyone in between, Aman is well versed when it comes to the nuances of the insolvency process.
Having led a diverse career over the past decade, Aman has dealt with an array of insolvency practitioners on a variety of complex, high-profiles cases from multi-million-pound bankruptcies to fraud investigations.
His expertise covers dealing with debt restructuring, financing, acquisitions/sales, credit bidding, formal insolvency proceedings, restructurings, refinancing, and debt trading.
Alongside this, Aman also has a wealth of experience acting on behalf of other stakeholders such as the Insolvency Service and HM Revenue and Customs in relation to all aspects of directors’ disqualification and winding up proceedings – from investigation to prosecution and enforcement.
Areas of expertise
Aman’s expertise covers a wide range of restructuring and insolvency services across a variety of sectors, including corporate restructuring, negotiation, dispute resolution, litigation, directors’ disqualification, debt restructuring and mediation.
- Asset tracing
- Company restructures and refinancing
- Company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- General corporate law
- Creditors’ rights
- Civil litigation
- Directors’ duties
- Directors’ disqualification
- Dispute resolution
- Individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs)
- Landlords’ rights
- Personal bankruptcy
- Recovery claims
- Retention of title clauses and other forms of security
Who Aman can help
- Individuals facing financial uncertainty
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Underperforming businesses
- Financial institutions
- Distressed lenders
- Private equity debt providers
Examples of work
- Acted on behalf of high-profile Trustees in Bankruptcy in relation to both UK-based and international asset tracing and enforcement.
- Acted on behalf of insolvency practitioners and the HMRC in relation to asset recovery work investigating antecedent and fraudulent transactions, representing clients in both the High Court and County Courts.
- Acted on behalf of Insolvency Practitioners and businesses in relation to all aspects of corporate insolvency.
- Acted on behalf of Directors and individuals in financial distress.
- Acted on behalf of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the HMRC in a high-profile disqualification and public-interest winding-up matters which involved preparing affidavit evidence, seeking disqualification orders and winding-up orders in the High Court in respect of high-profile, multi-group and cross-border organisations.
- Acted in conjunction with the Insolvency Service in relation to the investigation of live companies and multi-million-pound frauds including “land banking” and “carbon credit” frauds.
- Worked closely in an advisory capacity with regulatory bodies such as the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Conduct Authority and The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency, including advice on ongoing investigations and proposed litigation.
Aman Sehgal Appointed as Company Secretary of Malhotra Group
Aman Sehgal has been appointed as Company Secretary of Malhotra Group, the leading North East property, care and leisure business. A highly experienced insolvency and restructuring practitioner, Aman has advised the company for many years, and provided invaluable guidance to the rapidly-expanding business. With years of experience working on a wide range of cases, including […]Read this
5 Top Tips for Dealing with Director Disqualification Proceedings
With over 1,200 directors disqualified by the Insolvency Service in 2017/2018 for an average period of 5.7 years, directors are increasingly faced with the threat of disqualification which can have a wide-ranging impact on the individual director’s ability to manage a limited company/LLP. So what should you do if you are faced with proposed disqualification […]Read this
No News is Bad News
As Insolvency Practitioners, we’re always highlighting the importance of seeking advice early. This is due to the fact that there are usually more options available to financially distressed businesses and individuals the earlier they seek advice. Although probably an even bigger driver is the negative effect ‘fear of the unknown’ has on your decision making […]Read this